In the leading agricultural holding company of Ukraine “MHP” the development of our company – a system of forecast production planning of poultry production was put into industrial operation. This product is the integration of previously developed by our company production planning and management system with the accounting system of MHP processing complex on a customized schedule.
The system is designed for:
– timely fulfillment of concluded contracts and creation of optimal volume and schedule forecast plan for production of ready products;
– maintaining specifications and technological processes for semi-finished and ready products;
– identifying the needs in material and labor resources;
– detailed analysis of production indicators and obtaining effective management tools;
– optimization of business processes and increasing the efficiency of MHP holding’s activities.
Production planning system makes it possible to build forecast plans with different time granularity – year, quarter, month as a whole and month in terms of days, by certain planning parameters and optimization criteria.
Fig.1 Forecast production plan
When building forecast plans, optimization balancing of raw material availability (taking into account batches, shelf life, grades and calibers), sales plans and customer order priorities, production calendar and work center schedules, throughput and logistical availability of production equipment, specifics of technological processes for certain types of ready products, etc. is realised.
Fig. 3. Analysis of raw material availability calculations
The production planning algorithms provide not only for the formation of production orders to meet current needs, but also for the planning of advance launching to meet the needs of future periods.
Fig.4. Production orders.
The users of the system can use both analytics in relation to a certain production plan and comparison services (in graphical and tabular forms, see Fig. 5) of different versions of the plan (built with different input data or using different planning optimization parameters).
Figure 5. Comparison of forecast plan versions
Among the capabilities of production planning and analysis, the following functions should be noted:
– determining the need for materials (in quantitative and price terms) and calculating delivery schedules;
– calculation and planning of work centers (equipment) load;
– determining the need for personnel in terms of planning time intervals, work centers and professions (types of work);
– preparation of input data for the module of organizational and economic preparation of production regarding the computation of planned calculation and analysis of production cost structure (taking into account incoming raw materials, the cost of purchased materials, need for personnel, consumption of resources by work centers, etc.).
Fig. 6. Production plan
Now our developed product is integrated with other accounting systems of the Customer.